Busy? Don't have to time read all of this? No worries. Simply,
Fill out this form & email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
what is small business saturday?
The first-ever Small Business Saturday took place on Nov 27, 2010. American Express used their considerable marketing machine to encourage people across the country to support small, local businesses. It was such a great success, the day became official when the United States Senate (in 2011) unanimously passed a resolution of support. By 2012, across the nation, from Washington D.C., to Washington State, our governors, mayors, and the President of the U.S. championed Small Business Saturday. More than 1,450 local organizations pledged their support as "Neighborhood Champions," rallying their communities to participate. American Express helped owners promote their businesses with free personalized ads, which appeared millions of times in print and on the web. Over $14.3 billion was spent by Americans on that day in 2015. Shoppers continue to embrace the day as a holiday shopping tradition. 95 million people shopped that day in 2016.
Come out an support our local businesses this year on Saturday, November 25th! See how Local Life Publishing can help you promote your business for this Saturday after Thanksgiving national, annual tradition.
how are we celebrating sbs at local life publishing?
- We promise to dedicate an 8 to 12 page "Shop Local" feature in our November/ December (holiday) issues of all Local Life Publications. Local businesses can promote their shop in these sections for just $295. (Annual advertisers pay only $150.)
- We promise to set up a display on Nov. 25 in each of our small towns to pass out goodies, promote a "passport" scavenger hunt, and encourage passers-by to "Shop Local."
- We promise to promote the Big Day through all of our extensive social media channels, encouraging our readers and fans to sleep in on Black Friday and instead spend their gift giving dollars on Saturday, November 25th.
- We promise, along with our partners, to create and distribute maps to residents looking to shop locally in our towns.
- We promise to provide materials to local businesses to display in their shops for the two weeks leading up to the Big Day.
- We promise to continue to encourage our readers to "Shop Small" every day of the year, through our exclusive coverage and our motto (printed on the cover of every magazine we produce!): live, work, shop, eat, give, play, pray locally!
advertise in the SHOP local section in our holiday issue (nov/Dec) for just $295
PLEASE NOTE: Our current ANNUAL advertisers pay just $150. The cost for everyone else is just $295.
This special section will offer readers an attractive, organized guide to the best places to shop locally this year. We will feature an image, contact and location information, gift suggestion ideas and a description of the business.
Each advertiser in the Shop Local Holiday Guide provides one image (or we have great photos to use), a 100 word description and contact information. Click here for the quick and easy form to fill out to participate. The deadline is October 10th and the advertisers will be displayed in the order in which each was received and reserved.
Each advertiser will be located on a local map, as well.
For more information, click here to contact us today.
EASY PEASY INSTRUCTION TO SIGN-UP A BUSINESS TO PARTICIPATE:
1. Fill out this form with your contact and location information and up to 100 word description of your business, your services offered, any specific products you're promoting, a special holiday or Small Business Saturday promotion/sale and/or details on any unique local ties you have to our community.
2. Be sure to fill out ALL the information. If you need help with your description, let us know! We have great writers who can take a look at your web site and come up with just the right words for you.
3. Include your credit card information, so we can reserve your spot. Remember, best placement within the section is based on order of receipt of your reservation. Deadline is October 10th.
Remember, our annual advertisers pay just $150 for this extra ad spot. All others pay just $295. Contact us for more information.